Try this quick and simple Caribbean curry chicken recipe.
- 2 chicken breasts chopped into cubes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 stalk of scallion
- 3 stalks of fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons of curry
- 1 cup of water or chicken broth
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 medium potatoes (diced into cubes)
- scotch bonnet pepper (optional)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- pinch of brown sugar
- Heat coconut oil in a pot on medium flame.
- Sauté onion, garlic, thyme, scotch bonnet pepper, curry powder, until golden brown.
- Add chicken, stirring until chicken is lightly browned.
- Pour in water; cover and cook on medium-low heat for 20 minutes or until meat is cooked.
- In a separate pot (while chicken is simmering) cook diced potatoes in boiling water.
- Add drained potatoes, scallions, brown sugar, salt and black pepper to curry chicken.
- Stir and let simmer for another few minutes.
- Serve with white rice and your favorite vegetable(s). Enjoy!