Try this simple spicy coconut curry soup recipe.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut Milk
- 2 cups of any leafy veggie of your choice
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped, preferably minced)
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- small piece of ginger (minced)
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 teaspoon jerk sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 8 ounces of shrimp and/or 1 Tilapia Fillet
- In a medium-sized saucepan, add the butter, then the garlic, ginger, scallions and curry. Stir the mixture until it you have started to smell the aroma. Now, add bell peppers.
- Pour in the water, coconut milk, chicken broth and the lemon juice. Reduce the heat to a medium-low. Season with salt and pepper. Add jerk sauce and brown sugar, then stir. (Note: Feel free to omit the jerk sauce if you are not a fan of spicy food).
- Add the shrimp and/or diced tilapia fillet. Then, allow to cook for a few minutes. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, serve and garnish with scallions and/or bell pepper slices. Enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.